咱们身边总有那么一两个兄弟,一开口就把你噎死。传说中的“论题结束者”。
教你如何只用一句话就让对方接不起话,膈应得慌。不过运用要稳重,别嘴上爽了豪情伤了。
Stop playing the fool .
/ Don’t act stupid .别装傻了
A: Honey, would you please put the dishes in the dishwasher?亲爱的,你能把碗碟放进洗碗机里吗?
B: I don’t know how to run it.我不晓得怎么操作。
A: Stop playing the fool!别
装傻了!
Who do you think you are ?你认为你是谁啊?
A: You shouldn’t talk to your children that way.你不该这么跟你的孩子们说话。
B: Who do you think you are? Mind your own business.你认为你是谁啊?管好自个的事吧。
也可以说 what/who are you+名字 (周润发)
你认为你是周润发啊
Any complaints? / Do you have something to say?你有何不满?/你有啥话要说吗?
A: Can I see the work schedule for next week?
我能看看下星期的日程表吗?
B: Here it is. Do you have something to say?
这就是。你有啥要说吗?
That’s more like it.这才像话
A: Don’t talk to your brother that way!
别跟你哥哥那么说话!
B: I’m sorry I insulted you, Jimmy.
对不住,我侮辱了你,吉米。
A: That’s more like it.
那这像话。
Do it yourself, then.已然如此,你自个来吧
A: That’s not the way I wanted it done.
这可不是我想要的
方法。
B: Do it yourself, then.
那你自个来呗。
That’s going too far.过分火了!
A: Should I buy my girlfriend a car?
我是不是该给我女兄弟买部车呢?
B: That’s going too far.
那过分火了!
See.
/ I told you (so).我老早告诉过你
A: It was stupid of me to go bungee jumping.
我竟然去蹦极,真是太蠢了。
B: See, I told you so.
看,我早就这么说。
Do something (about it) ! / Don’t just sit there!想想办法吧!别枯坐着!
A: Honey, the garbage needs to be taken out.
亲爱的,废物该拿出去了。
B: So, don’t just sit there, go do something about it!
那你就别光坐在那儿了,去做点事吧!“
I’m counting on you. / You’re my only hope.就盼望你了。(不幸兮兮地说)
A: Sure, I’ll come watch you give your speech.
当然,我会来看你讲演的。
B: Great, I’m counting on you!
太好了,我就盼望你了!
So what?那又怎样?(毫不在乎地说)
A: You’re not wearing your seatbelt.
你没系平安带。
B: So what?
那又怎样?
你说过哪几句?
(我全都说过,SO WHAT?)
好了,今日修改的小火车课堂就先暂告一期间了,小天使们,这些tips你们记住了吗?随时随“事”学英语:联系抢手学英语,结呵罢子学英语,出国留学,言语培训,重视微信大众号【烤鸭书院】:ielts_school